Inside Sales / Account Manager (Waynesboro, VA)
Posted on Dec 27, 2017 by Trish Smith
The Inside Sales/Account Manager supports and manages customer relationships and sales processes for TL/LTL market accounts. He/She is responsible for new account conversions while managing an existing account base, where sales penetration and customer retention are equally important. This position requires extensive partnerships with external and internal customers on a daily basis in order to achieve results. The Inside Sales/Account Manager performs administrative duties, maintains mail technology expertise, and delivers enterprising customer solutions that drive sales and revenue growth.
The Inside Sales/Account Manager supports and manages individual sales plan (e.g., reviews weekly volume and revenue reports, etc.) to ensure accounts are producing as projected and to make necessary adjustments. He/She cultivates a strong partnership with REO’s asset based transportation division, brokerage division, and warehousing group to foster opportunities and to share knowledge of service offerings. This position retains and penetrates revenue in an existing account base to understand customer business needs, build strong customer relationships, and increase market share. The Inside Sales/Account Manager collaborates with asset, brokerage, and warehousing operations to ensure customers’ expectations are being met and to proactively resolve customer issues. He/She responds to internal and external customer inquiries to satisfy their needs and requests in a timely manner and to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborates with internal departments (e.g., Operations, Billing, Finance, etc.) to ensure successful processing and activation of new accounts and to resolve customer issues (e.g., billing discrepancies, special needs and requests, etc.).
- Submits pricing request (e.g., price quote requests, to secure acceptable pricing which can be offered to prospects and customers and to convert, penetrate, and retain customer business.)
- Cultivates internal sales leads to identify new sales opportunities and secure additional conversion revenue.
- Records daily sales activities into customer relationship management system (CRM) to manage sales funnel (e.g., tracking prospects, capturing meeting notes, etc.) and validate sales cycles.
- Enters new customer profiles into account management system (CRM) to initiate service implementation and enable access of customers’ information by other internal departments (e.g., Billing, Operations, etc.).
- Maintains relationship with Director of Sales to support the creation of competitive proposals and business growth.
- Obtains knowledge about customers’ competitors to consult customers on REO solutions that support their market competitiveness.
- Remains current on industry news (e.g., industry associations, trade magazines, etc.) to understand marketplace changes and trends.
- Monitors and tracks competitors to gain competitive intelligence to be used in engaging prospects and customers (e.g., service and product comparisons, creating customer solutions, etc).
Qualifications and Skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based, and job specific software applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals; develop individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others' efforts.
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage tasks and set priorities.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to think and respond quickly to sales and service issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy and patience.
- Positive, competitive, confident personality with strongly developed persuasive and negotiation skills and a customer-focused orientation.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcome within given time frame.
- Ability to set, pursue, and attain goals.
- Understanding of asset transportation, non-asset transportation, and warehousing concepts and pricing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve results, or work independently with little or no supervision to achieve positive results in a fast-paced high stress environment.
- Ability to write detailed business correspondence.
- Ability to work with groups of people such as other departments and communicate known concepts.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 0-2 years of experience. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
REO Logistics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, REO Logistics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent