The Inside Sales/Customer Service Manager develops and manages customer relationships and sales processes for TL/LTL market accounts. He/She is responsible for new account conversions while managing an existing account base, where sales penetration and customer retention are equally important. This position requires extensive partnerships with external and internal customers on a daily basis in order to achieve results. The Inside Sales/Account Manager performs administrative duties, maintains mail technology expertise, and delivers enterprising customer solutions that drive sales and revenue growth.
The Inside Sales/Customer Service Manager manages individual sales plan (e.g., reviews weekly volume and revenue reports, etc.) to ensure accounts are producing as projected and to make necessary adjustments. He/She cultivates a strong partnership with REO’s asset based transportation division to foster opportunities and to share knowledge of service offerings. This position retains and penetrates revenue in an existing account base (e.g., regularly meets with customers, etc.) to understand customer business needs, build strong customer relationships, and increase market share.
The Inside Sales/Customer Service Manager collaborates with Operations to ensure customers’ expectations are being met and to proactively resolve customer issues. He/She responds to internal and external customer inquiries to satisfy their needs and requests in a timely manner and to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates with internal departments (e.g., Operations, Billing, Finance, etc.) to ensure successful processing and activation of new accounts and to resolve customer issues (e.g., billing discrepancies, special needs and requests, etc.).
- Submits pricing request (e.g., price quote requests, to secure acceptable pricing which can be offered to prospects and customers and to convert, penetrate, and retain customer business.
- Cultivates internal sales leads to identify new sales opportunities and secure additional conversion revenue.
- Records daily sales activities into customer relationship management system (CRM) to manage sales funnel (e.g., tracking prospects, capturing meeting notes, etc.) and validate sales cycles.
- Enters new customer profiles into account management system (CRM) to initiate service implementation and enable access of customers’ information by other internal departments (e.g., Billing, Operations, etc.).
- Maintains relationship with Director of Sales to support the creation of competitive proposals and business growth.
- Obtains knowledge about customers’ competitors to consult customers on REO solutions that support their market competitiveness.
- Remains current on industry news (e.g., industry associations, trade magazines, etc.) to understand marketplace changes and trends.
- Monitors and tracks competitors to gain competitive intelligence (e.g., business models and strategies, etc.) to be used in engaging prospects and customers (e.g., service and product comparisons, creating customer solutions, etc).