The Vice President, Transportation will direct and oversee the Transportation and Brokerage divisions of REO Logistics. The Vice President, Transportation will also work with the President, Transportation to drive growth and profitability through the execution and implementation of the organizations long-term and short-term plans. In addition this position has a seat on the corporate executive strategy team.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and retain partner carrier, owner operator and fleet owner relationships to maximize the company’s ability to perform to customer’s requirements.
- Establish and maintain database of partner carriers containing current insurance, financial strength, safety records, contact information and equipment specifications
- Utilize technology as a competitive advantage in building and supporting the Logistics business.
- Monitor and measure expenses and make changes when warranted.
- Participate in business planning activities including both short term and long term profit forecasting and budgeting.
- Design, implement and oversee departmental and interdepartmental operational procedures and guidelines.
- Hire, Train, Oversee and evaluate trucking and brokerage staff in accordance with organization’s strategic and cultural priorities
- Design, develop and implement on-going technical training to trucking and brokerage staff
- Manage processes from customer on-boarding through claims processing
- Work with customers to resolve immediate issues while providing solutions to their logistics/transportations needs
Ø Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting, research issues for compliance, and manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Oversee all operations and customer service and driver/equipment management
- Responsible for supporting and implementing the company’s Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics
Bachelors required, Masters preferred
10 years relevant experience, prior executive experience preferred.
REO Logistics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, REO Logistics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.