Warehouse Operations Manager (Mount Morris, IL)
Posted on Dec 27, 2017 by Trish Smith
Job Title: Warehouse Operations Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Supervises: Warehouse Workers
The Warehouse Operations Manager is responsible for receiving and storing products safely, accurately, and with care that ensures the integrity of all products in our possession. The Warehouse Operations Manager is inquisitive and uses his/her skills to design, develop, and maintain product movement and storage systems; improve operations and manage staffing levels to ensure the highest customer service levels.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes warehouse operations human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves warehouse operations operational objectives by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
- Meets warehouse operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Secures property by developing protection and access policies and procedures; coordinating patrols with security department.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes warehouse operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Process Management
- People Management
- Handling complex systems
- Inventory Controls
- Labor Scheduling
Knowledge and Skills
- Data Entry Skills
- Data Entry Management
- Data Processing
- Reporting Skills
- Data Analysis
- Deadline Oriented
- Systems thinking
- Data driven thinking
REO Logistics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, REO Logistics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Processing: 1 year
- People Management: 1 year
- Supervising: 1 year
- Labor Scheduling: 1 year
- Inventory Control: 1 year
- Warehouse Management: 1 year
- Process Management: 1 year
- Data Analysis: 1 year
- Data Entry Management: 1 year
- Data Entry: 1 year
- Handling Complex Systems: 1 year